Research and conserve the vegetation cover of the high Andean and paramo ecosystems, promoting the generation, application and social appropriation of knowledge for the adaptation to climate change, the improvement of the life quality and sustainable development in the City and Region.
By 2038 we will have national and international recognition as a research center of reference in the high Andean and paramo ecosystems as well as a nature destination, which contributes to the transformation of environmental philosophy for the sustainability of the region.
- Acknowledgment of the Botanical Garden of Bogotá José Celestino Mutis as a research center for the conservation of flora.
- Establish José Celestino Mutis Botanical Garden of Bogota as a consultant in conservation, restoration, sustainable use of vegetation cover and as a reference in mitigation and adaptation to climate change, to generate solutions and alternatives in the environmental sector of the city and region, with national impact.
- Promotion of the social ownership of local knowledge in order to transform environmental philosophy and culture in the city.
- Establish José Celestino Mutis Botanical Garden of Bogota as a nature tourist icon, with national and international interest.
- Improvement and increase of biodiversity, connectivity, environmental functions and services of vegetation cover in the city region for mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
- Strengthening the management and institutional performance of José Celestino Mutis Botanical Garden.
- Certify the Botanical Garden as a research center for the conservation of flora.
- Enrich the living and references collections of Botanical Garden as a first strategy for conservation, research, environmental education and sustainable use of flora in different projects implemented in the city.
- Strengthen the process of knowledge management on vegetation cover for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Certify Botanical Garden as carbon neutral with a commitment to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
- Promote strategic alliances to coordinate activities and cooperative projects in the city focused on the generation, application and appropriation of knowledge for the conservation of the City vegetation cover.
- Strengthen and improve pedagogical processes with a population approach in different scenarios in the City.
- Engage with the different actors that are involved in environmental scenarios to make decisions for the conservation of nature.
- Spread scientific, technical and educational information that promotes a compromised and well informed environmental citizenship.
- Design and implement Botanical Garden marketing plan.
- Certify Botanical Garden as a sustainable tourist area.
- Strengthen distinctive attributes to attract visitors and tourists.
- Planing the management of vegetation cover in the city in collaboration with the local region.
- Increase vegetation cover to raise the biodiversity, improve connectivity and the provision of ecosystem services in the city.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the vegetation covers under the responsibility of the Botanical Garden in the city.
- Increase research, innovation and technology transfer processes for vegetation cover management in the city.
- Manage in an integral way the risk associated with urban vegetation covers that are under the responsibility of the Botanical Garden.
- Certify the Botanical Garden in applicable technical management regulations.
- Define the institutional policy for sustainability of the Botanical Garden.
- Align staff organization, processes and organizational culture to strengthen labor productivity and human development.
- Strengthen the infrastructure in order to provide the appropriate structural and operational requirements.
- Optimize ICT coverage, connectivity and interoperability.